There is a bill sitting in committee HF 455 in the Iowa House of Representative’s State Public Safety Committee.
It was written as a response from one HR, Chuck Isenhart, who heard about the dangers of human trafficking in Iowa as someone who wanted to find a way to support the efforts of those seeking to help human trafficking victims and be a good steward of Iowas Public funds.
That HR was joined by another, Lindsay James, and we hope it will grow beyond their efforts, that it will be supported by both parties, because human trafficking is a non-partisan travesty that needs to be stopped. Because anti-human trafficking efforts matter a lot to Kim Reynold‘s our governor here in Iowa, we hope she gets a chance to see the bill and that she will sign it.
This is not to promote either political party; this is to celebrate those who are helping with the fight against human trafficking.
Below is a link to the bill and a list of the committee members that would need to move the bill forward before March 7th.
The bill is numbered HF 455 and is with the Public Safety Committee.
The members of the Committee are:
- Jarad Klein(R, District 78), Chair
- Jon Thorup(R, District 28), Vice Chair
- Timothy Kacena(D, District 14), Ranking Member
- Ako Abdul-Samad(D, District 35)
- Wes Breckenridge(D, District 29)
- Dean Fisher(R, District 72)
- Joel Fry(R, District 27)
- Tom Jeneary(R, District 5)
- David Kerr(R, District 88)
- Bob Kressig(D, District 59)
- Monica Kurth(D, District 89)
- Jeff Kurtz(D, District 83)
- Gary M. Mohr(R, District 94)
- Rick L. Olson(D, District 31)
- Ross C. Paustian(R, District 92)
- Sandy Salmon(R, District 63)
- Kristin Sunde(D, District 42)
- Phyllis Thede(D, District 93)
- Beth Wessel-Kroeschell(D, District 45)
- Matt W. Windschitl(R, District 17)
- Gary Worthan(R, District 11)
If you are inclined, please reach out to these representatives and show you are concerned about this topic.
Here is a link to a video that explains the hotel/motel staff training that is available.